The most important step about feeding the need is to realize what the people want. I think that is the main reason that oreo balls were discovered. Oreo balls are one of the most delectable desserts that can be had. One of the multiple ways that they “feed the need,” is that they are so easy to make. Plus, they’re so neat and convenient! The simplicity of the recipe, and the fact that it is perfectly travel/bite size, will have moms on their knees begging for the recipe. They’re that delicious. Whenever my mom makes them, they are gone in heartbeat, and hardly anyone ever waits until the refrigeration process is complete because no one can ever wait that long. These oreo cookie balls taste just like cookies and cream ice cream, but without the ice cream! It saves the hassle of getting out the ice cream and the ice cream scooper, then the bowl and having to wash everything. These oreo cookie balls are no mess, easy and hey no dishes to wash!…
Okay enough with the praise, now it’s time for the recipe!
What you’ll need:
-1 package of Cream Cheese (softened)
-16 oz of melting chocolate (that’s about 4 packages)
-36 oreo cookies crushed (that’s about 3 cups)
1. Scoop out the cream from each of the oreos and set them aside. (This step can be skipped, but it makes the cream towards the end frothier).
2. Place the chocolate cookie parts of the oreos in a big ziploc baggie and crush them.
3. Mix the cream cheese and cream from the cookies together with an electric beater. (Or if the first step was skipped, just mix the crumbs of the cookies and the cream chese together).
4. Mix the cream cheese and cream from cookies filling back with the oreo crumbs and shape them into balls.
5. Place the oreo balls on a sheet covered in wax paper.
6. Melt the chocolate, place the oreo balls on a stick and dip them in the chocolate.
7. Optional: Melt white chocolate as well and put some on top of the milk/dark chocolate on the oreo balls in a criss cross pattern.
8. Place the oreo balls on a sheet which is covered in wax paper into the fridge for at least one hour.
These oreo balls are delicious and I highly reccomend them! They are sweet, so they should be enjoyed with a nice glass of milk. These will definitely feed your sweet tooth, and save a potential mess from happening.
Happy eating and making !